Senior Solution Architect
HelpSeeker is on the lookout for a talented Senior Solution Architect to help lead the strategy and direction of our technology architecture. This role will involve developing both high-level work on the strategy and standards for our architecture and also being closely involved in our implementation. Key to this role will be a deep understanding of cloud environments and microservices. It is expected that the successful candidate will have prior experience in transitioning monolithic applications to microservices.
As senior architect you will be reporting to our VP of Product & Tech and working closely with our internal development, external development and data science teams. The goal will be to understand our current architecture and develop a plan/strategy to scale our existing architecture and expand the products/services delivered. This will involve working with our subject matter experts to take into consideration user needs, privacy, security and technical feasibility of your plans. As a rapidly expanding team, there is growth and leadership potential for this role.
HelpSeeker Technologies is a Canadian social technology and systems change B-Corp, founded in 2018. HelpSeeker’s team of 60 builds innovative solutions for complex social challenges prevalent in global cities, such as homelessness, community safety, human trafficking, gender-based violence, mental health and addictions.
HelpSeeker’s solutions support the transformation of fragmented social safety nets into ones that are human-centred, transparent, accessible and evidence-led, thereby measurably and equitably improving wellbeing. HelpSeeker’s innovative technology and wraparound expert advisory support key stakeholders through three integrated models for help seekers, help providers, and decision-makers.
We are grounded in the core values we co-develop and live through our work, whether in our digital products. We believe that we can drive social change, and deliver a sustainable business model as a social enterprise. While we have a cross-disciplinary and fast-growing team of high achievers with expertise in technology, systems change, social research, digital marketing, data science, and community engagement, we are tied together through our vision and our core values, namely:
- Intentional action on Reconciliation, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Sovereignty.
- Purpose-driven growth.
- Diversity is our edge.
- Integrity driving innovation.
- Balance in all we do.
HelpSeeker has a 100% remote work environment, and as such, all staff work from their home offices. We have staff located in many provinces throughout Canada.
When you join HelpSeeker you will be:
- Lead and coordinate the expansion of our existing architecture to ensure scalability and user needs.
- Develop architectural framework to satisfy security and privacy requirements.
- Define and coordinate with development teams to ensure technical requirements, performance and key attributes are delivered.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to recommend ideal architecture.
- Build consensus among technology stakeholders to ensure delivery of ideal architecture.
- Align projects to comply with best practices.
- Apply deep knowledge of cloud platforms to ensure the greatest results within a reasonable budget.
- Communicate the technical requirements and overall architectural vision to non-technical team members and management teams to ensure staff understand the trade-offs present within the proposed build.
- Technical degree or certificate related to software development, or related experience.
- 4+ years of software architecture experience.
- Cloud experience is a requirement, Azure experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with python, .NET and angular a plus.
- Past accountability for designing and overseeing the delivery of cloud architecture.
- Experience with data architecture and database management.
- Deep knowledge of microservices, and how they compare to monolithic architecture.
- Past experience in coordinating with security and privacy experts on architecture design.
Our Commitment To Reconciliation, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Sovereignty
Our team members live across Turtle Island in what is today known as Canada. We acknowledge that the places we call home today have deep ties to the Indigenous peoples that have stewarded this land since time immemorial. We also acknowledge that colonial actors and institutions perpetually deny Indigenous people their rights to self-determination and sovereignty must be challenged.
This is why we commit our organization to aligning our efforts to the advancement of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
We value authentic Reconciliation and realize that restoring relationships is integral to systemic transformation. We acknowledge Indigenous people and perspectives as an asset to our work and teams, and therefore encourage applicants to self-identify as Indigenous.
We believe in a holistic, diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply for our job opportunities.
We are committed to making HelpSeeker a more diverse and inclusive workplace. A part of this commitment is our participation in the 50-30 Challenge to increase representation of women and under-represented groups of people including visible minorities, people living with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. As founding peoples of Canada, First Nations, Inuit and Métis persons are under-represented in positions of economic influence and leadership.
Learn more about the 50-30 Challenge here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07706.html
If you are interested in joining us at HelpSeeker, please fill out the form below.