Lead Full Stack Developer
HelpSeeker is searching for a talented Full Stack Developer to lead and take responsibility for the overall infrastructure and build of the platform that will revolutionize the social sector. As the lead developer, you will be reporting to the Development Manager and will be working with our cross-functional scrum team to support the development of products that are focused on the social sector. The lead developer will support our product development initiatives and will build sustainable and maintainable products. They need to be comfortable communicating with and working with non-technical teams (e.g. sales, marketing, customer success) to deliver the best technical solution for our users.
This is a remote position – work from home anywhere in Canada. Preference will also be given to those applicants who are currently unemployed and living in Alberta (see Alberta Jobs Now program for further information)
We are a social technology company, dedicated to developing digital solutions that help resolve complex social issues.
As a B Corp, we are obsessed with achieving our social purpose through a sustainable, successful business model. Join 50+ high achievers in technology, systems change, social research, data science, and community engagement. HelpSeeker has a 100% remote work environment, and as such, all staff work from their home offices. We have staff located in many provinces throughout Canada.
When you join HelpSeeker you will:
- Lead the architecture and technical discussions of our overall technical infrastructure and ensure that it is maintainable and scalable.
- Provide mentorship to intermediate and junior developers when it comes to architecture and development best practices.
- Work with Product Managers, UI/UX, and Customer Success teams to understand and define the scope of product features.
- Work with external contractors and stakeholders and ensure alignment on deliverables.
- Understand and maintain our development environments: staging and production.
- Be the technical point of contact for the platform and its products.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, ensuring scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including assisting with development-related technical issues and needs.
- Work with internal teams to ensure maximum usability and organization of our technology.
- 5+years of experience in a Developer or lead role
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms such as Microsoft Azure (e.g. Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, etc)
- Effective technical and non-technical communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM Environment and familiarity with SCRUM ceremonies
- Proven experience with server-side frameworks (e.g. .NET) and DevOps technologies (CI/CD pipelines, Containers, Automated Testing)
- Working knowledge of architecture and development best practices and Design Patterns
- Proven history of working with product managers, scrum masters, scrum teams, and release managers
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Advanced project management and organizational skills
- A successful history of product development
- Excellent knowledge of test methodologies and technologies
- Familiarity with automated integrated testing in CI/CD pipelines is an asset
- Experience with Decision Support Systems is an asset
- Experience working in the social sector is an asset
- Familiarity with data pipelines is an asset
Our Commitment To a Diverse Culture & Reconciliation
We value authentic Reconciliation and realize that restoring relationships is integral to systemic transformation. We acknowledge Indigenous people and perspectives as an asset to our work and teams, and therefore encourage applicants to self-identify as Indigenous.
We believe in a holistic, diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply for our job opportunities.
We are committed to making HelpSeeker a more diverse and inclusive workplace. A part of this commitment is our participation in the 50-30 Challenge to increase representation of women and under-represented groups of people including visible minorities, people living with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. As founding peoples of Canada, First Nations, Inuit and Métis persons are under-represented in positions of economic influence and leadership.
Learn more about the 50-30 Challenge here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07706.html
If you are interested in joining us at HelpSeeker, please fill out the form below