The Frontend Developer will be primarily responsible for designing, developing, testing, and documenting software for current and new products for HelpSeeker. Specifically, this role designs and builds applications with compatible design for both mobile and desktop, and identifies and corrects bottlenecks, all while maintaining code quality, organization, and automatization.
HelpSeeker Technologies is a Canadian social technology and systems change B-Corp, founded in 2018. HelpSeeker’s team of 60 builds innovative solutions for complex social challenges prevalent in global cities, such as homelessness, community safety, human trafficking, gender-based violence, mental health and addictions.
HelpSeeker’s solutions support the transformation of fragmented social safety nets into ones that are human-centred, transparent, accessible and evidence-led, thereby measurably and equitably improving wellbeing. HelpSeeker’s innovative technology and wraparound expert advisory support key stakeholders through three integrated models for help seekers, help providers, and decision-makers.
We are grounded in the core values we co-develop and live through our work, whether in our digital products. We believe that we can drive social change, and deliver a sustainable business model as a social enterprise. While we have a cross-disciplinary and fast-growing team of high achievers with expertise in technology, systems change, social research, digital marketing, data science, and community engagement, we are tied together through our vision and our core values, namely:
- Intentional action on Reconciliation, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Sovereignty.
- Purpose-driven growth.
- Diversity is our edge.
- Integrity driving innovation.
- Balance in all we do.
HelpSeeker has a 100% remote work environment, and as such, all staff work from their home offices. We have staff located in many provinces throughout Canada.
When you join HelpSeeker you will be:
Work closely with UI/UX team to gather requirements for the Web application UI development
Be part of our growing development team, collaborating to create innovation and excellency
Suggest improvements, and help drive best practices through code review
General responsibility will be to design, develop, test and document software for current and new products, specifically:
- Design and build applications with compatible design for both mobile and desktop
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 3+ years of experience as frontend web development experience developer in web applications
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM to deliver quality features.
- Expertise with single-page applications and frameworks (angular, react, next, etc)
- Experience with compatible design ensures high performance in mobile and desktop applications.
- Knowledge & Experience on Atlassian products such as Jira, confluence
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress site management is an asset
- Microsoft.Net knowledge is an asset
- Experience working in the social sector is an asset
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms such as Microsoft Azure (e.g. Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, etc) is an asset
- OCAP™ Certification is an asset
Our Commitment To Reconciliation, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Sovereignty
Our team members live across Turtle Island in what is today known as Canada. We acknowledge that the places we call home today have deep ties to the Indigenous peoples that have stewarded this land since time immemorial. We also acknowledge that colonial actors and institutions perpetually deny Indigenous people their rights to self-determination and sovereignty must be challenged.
This is why we commit our organization to aligning our efforts to the advancement of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
We value authentic Reconciliation and realize that restoring relationships is integral to systemic transformation. We acknowledge Indigenous people and perspectives as an asset to our work and teams, and therefore encourage applicants to self-identify as Indigenous.
We believe in a holistic, diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply for our job opportunities.
We are committed to making HelpSeeker a more diverse and inclusive workplace. A part of this commitment is our participation in the 50-30 Challenge to increase representation of women and under-represented groups of people including visible minorities, people living with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. As founding peoples of Canada, First Nations, Inuit and Métis persons are under-represented in positions of economic influence and leadership.
Learn more about the 50-30 Challenge here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07706.html
If you are interested in joining us at HelpSeeker, please fill out the form below.