HelpSeeker is searching for a talented Frontend Developer who can help us improve and expand our current frontend system. Reporting to our development manager, you will work with our data science and development teams to design, build, test and deploy the front end of new products and features. You will be responsible for building the ‘client side’ of our various products, focusing on delivering our data and insights to truly meet customer needs.
We are a social technology company, dedicated to putting technology and insights together to resolve complex social issues. As a B Corp, we are obsessed with achieving our social purpose through a sustainable, successful business model. Join our growing team of high achievers in technology, systems planning, research, data visualization, and community engagement.
When you join HelpSeeker:
- You will be on the ground floor of an innovative startup environment revolutionizing the way people access help and how we design our social safety net.
- You will be part of an innovation-obsessed, high energy team made up of some of Canada’s top thinkers on social change.
- You can be you: we believe we all do our best work when we are passionate about our work and can be ourselves: no big corporate culture, unnecessary rules and policies here!
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to design, build, test, and release high quality interfaces for customers.
- Help shape the technical roadmap for the companies frontend.
- Using agile methods, rapidly iterate and test continuous improvements to our code.
- Work with our UX/UI team and Backend developers to ensure the best experience for using our products.
- Ensure scalability and efficient function of our interfaces for internal and external users.
- Work with existing products to ensure expansion and help deliver on new products.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 2+ years of experience.
- Previous success in designing, developing and maintaining software.
- Self-starter with the ability to translate business needs into technical outcomes.
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice (previous experience working on a SaaS product will be viewed favourably).
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and translate concepts into code.
- Experience with Tableau and/or Decision Support Systems is a plus.
Our Commitment to a Diverse Culture & Reconciliation
We value authentic Reconciliation and realize that restoring relationships is integral to systemic transformation. We acknowledge Indigenous people and perspectives as an asset to our work and teams, and therefore encourage applicants to self-identify as Indigenous.
We believe in a holistic, diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply for our job opportunities.
We are committed to making HelpSeeker a more diverse and inclusive workplace. A part of this commitment is our participation in the 50-30 Challenge to increase representation of women and under-represented groups of people including visible minorities, people living with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. As founding peoples of Canada, First Nations, Inuit and Métis persons are under-represented in positions of economic influence and leadership.
Learn more about the 50-30 Challenge here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07706.html
If you are interested in joining us at HelpSeeker, please forward your interest, quoting the job title, with an accompanying cover letter and resume.
We thank you for your time and appreciate your interest in employment at HelpSeeker.