Community Success Lead
We are recruiting for Community Success Leads to join our growing company! HelpSeeker has a remote workplace and as such, these positions are work-from-home opportunities.
HelpSeeker is searching for a talented Community Success Lead to manage a portfolio of up to twenty communities, to support their efforts to resolve complex social issues and promote equitable wellbeing. The Community Success Lead manages the onboarding of technological solutions, supporting clients to make data-led decisions and take action to improve priority issues. The ideal candidates are passionate about social change, comfortable interpreting data and social trends (with support from our data science team!) and knowledgeable about best practices that are needed to effectively address social issues. They are great with clients, supportive of colleagues, and confident enough to walk alongside community decision-makers and service providers that are dedicated to social change.
Help us define the social technology space, and make a positive impact for and with communities across Canada!
The Community Success Lead roles are being hired for through the Alberta Jobs Now employment program and therefore, interested applicants must be:
- Alberta residents, who will remain working in the province, and be Canadian citizens or permanent residents or protected people under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Currently unemployed or working fewer than 30 hours per week and looking for a new job opportunity.
We are a social technology company, dedicated to putting technology and insights together to resolve complex social issues. As a B Corp, we are obsessed with achieving our social purpose through a sustainable, successful business model. Join our growing team of high achievers in technology, systems planning, research, data visualization, and community engagement.
When you join HelpSeeker:
- Supports the development of the HelpSeeker Community Success Program including social issue content, training, thought leadership and processes to support client goals for better social outcomes; and maximize value from investments in the social safety net.
- Ensures the HelpSeeker Community Success Program advances Reconciliation, inclusion, diversity, equity and sovereignty through products, services, and activities in the community.
- Implements the HelpSeeker Community Success Program with a focus on supporting clients to resolve complex social issues through data-informed decision-making, technical assistance, training.
- Builds trust and rapport with clients, fostering high levels of satisfaction and shared success.
- Prepares client presentations and deliverables to a high standard.
- Maintains detailed client reporting notes, insights and findings.
- Executes processes, tools and continuous performance improvement to create efficiencies in the delivery of the HelpSeeker Community Success Program.
- Provides subject matter coaching to Community Success Coordinators and facilitates interaction and workflow between project team members.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of HelpSeeker products; continuously identifies new value opportunities within offerings that align with customer feedback.
- Keeps apprised of issues in the social sector, new innovations and strategies to address the emerging needs of clients.
- Develops thought leadership and other content in collaboration with Marketing (including website content, product sheets, social media, and blogs).
- Executes monthly webinar series, with oversight from Manager, Community Success, as well as Marketing.
- Education in social research, social work or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record in leading large-scale projects and working with key senior level stakeholders
- At least ten (10) years of experience solving complex social issues.
- Expertise in systems change specifically pertaining to social issues as they relate to homelessness, incarceration, child welfare, and poverty, or other complex social issues considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience leading community engagement and facilitation with communities and organizations.
- Ability to analyze data and generate useful insights and recommendations.
- Proven strength in written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to support or coordinate community outreach into and with Indigenous communities and organizations.
- Strong understanding of project management.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
To apply for one of these roles, please forward your interest with an accompanying resume, cover letter, and a writing sample demonstrating your ability to generate insights from data, quoting “Community Success Lead” to Human Resources, Pam Noble – HR Advisor, email@example.com
Our Commitment To a Diverse Culture & Reconciliation
We value authentic Reconciliation and realize that restoring relationships is integral to systemic transformation. We acknowledge Indigenous people and perspectives as an asset to our work and teams, and therefore encourage applicants to self-identify as Indigenous.
We believe in a holistic, diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply for our job opportunities.
We are committed to making HelpSeeker a more diverse and inclusive workplace. A part of this commitment is our participation in the 50-30 Challenge to increase representation of women and under-represented groups of people including visible minorities, people living with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. As founding peoples of Canada, First Nations, Inuit and Métis persons are under-represented in positions of economic influence and leadership.
Learn more about the 50-30 Challenge here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07706.html
If you are interested in joining us at HelpSeeker, please fill out the form below